Saturday, December 12, 2009

Homework #57

Part A
1. the ringed planet, Saturn
2. products from South America
3. climbing Mount Everest
4. at the Alamo
5. the capital of Oregon
6. fall in New England
7. a ferry ride around New York Harbor
8. across the Golden Gate Bridge
9. among the ruins in Egypt
10. an exploration of the Artic

Part B
1. We made plans to go to Pacific Beach and Joshua Tree National Park.
2. The province of British Coulumbia is north of the United States.
3. The Fiji Islands are in the South Pacific.
4. A spacecraft from Cape Canaveral is headed for Mars.
5. This football game pits the East against the West.
6. From the George Washington Parkway, you'll see an exit for Arlington National Cemetary.

Part C
If I could vacation anywhere, I'd drive around the United States. I'd probably start in the northeast. I'd visit historic cities like Boston and Philadelphia. Then I'd travel south to Washington, D.C. I'd spend days at The Smithsonian Institution. Then I'd head to Virginia to see Mount Vernon, President Washington's home. Next I'd swing down to the Everglades for a motorboat ride across Lake Okeechobee. Finally I'd go to the islands of the Florida Keys to swim in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.

No comments: